President Obama’s Secretary of State John Kerry literally gave Israel an ultimatum today: Either stop being Jewish or stop being a democracy.
“Today, there are a similar number of Jews and Palestinians living between the Jordan river and the Mediterranean Sea. They have a choice. They can choose to live together in one state or they can separate into two states. But here is a fundamental reality. If the choice is one state, Israel can either be Jewish or democratic. It cannot be both. And it won’t ever really be at peace,” Kerry said.
Here are 5 fundamental flaws with Kerry’s logic:
1) For Kerry to demand Israel give up it religious Jewish identity as the only safe haven for the world’s persecuted Jews is a betrayal of the very concept of religious freedom, which Kerry and Obama both fail to understand. His statement is both anti-Semitic and anti-liberty.
2) For Kerry to demand Israel give up its democracy and its right to vote for its own leaders and secure its own borders is tantamount to treason against our own Founding Fathers who put democratic liberties into our own U.S. Constitution, which should be the basis from which we project any foreign policy.
3) That Kerry wants Israel to stop being Jewish reminds me of President Obama’s quote that America is “no longer a Christian nation,” despite 83% of Americans self-identifying as Christian. America is Christian because we freely choose to be, as individuals. If Israel and Jerusalem are overrun by Muslims, her citizens will no longer have any religious freedom to choose Judaism, which the vast majority now choose as individuals. Moses is the very basis of Israel’s core belief in freedom from slavery, is he not? Kerry wants slavery, not Moses. Israel can only have peace by rejecting Islamic slavery within its own borders.
4) If there is a two state solution, Palestine will be Muslim, not democratic. That means its people will not be free to choose Christianity or Judaism, only Islam. Because they will reject religious freedom first, and adopt a Muslim Constitution (as Egypt’s Morsi did, punishing the Coptics), Palestine will not be democratic. Sojourners who pretend Christians will have more freedom in a Palestinian state than they currently have in Israel are deluded and deny the world’s history of Islamic totalitarian conquest.
5) Kerry lectures America today, not just Israel, that America should end democracy and religious freedom. His own hatred of democracy and religious freedom betrays Kerry as a domestic enemy of the Constitution, and he should be ashamed. But he is just like President Obama, who finally shows his fangs of anti-Semitism without the mask.
Let’s petition Congress to help Israel remain strong:
SELECT HERE TO SIGN URGENT PETITION DEFENDING ISRAEL’S RIGHT TO PROTECT HER OWN BORDERS, NOT DIVIDE HER GOD-GIVEN LAND, AND REJECT PRESIDENT OBAMA’S CALL FOR RETURN TO 1967 BORDERS. (WE WILL AUTO-FAX YOUR PETITION TO 535 U.S. CONGRESSMEN AND SENATORS!)
Or sign free option here.